“You only learn to be a better writer by actually writing.” ~ Doris Lessing
Everyone has a story to tell
Now you can Write YOUR Story in just 5 minutes at a time – without criticism or judgment – even if you don’t believe you can do it!
In this 5-hour workshop, you’ll discover how to write a memoir, autobiography, or personal story scene-by-scene, five-minutes at a time in a lighthearted and supportive atmosphere.
Finally, there’s a simple and fast memoir writing process that works for everyone. Non-writers will discover that they can write. Experienced writers will obtain new tools to enhance their craft.
Write YOUR Story Workshop will show you how to:
- Write for your own fun and enjoyment.
- Share your amazing story — as only you can.
- Record a legacy for your family.
- Write to heal a painful memory.
- Discover the joy of memoir writing.
- Complete scenes for your autobiography or memoir.
We’ll begin by exploring the subconscious and some of the tools, guided imagery, affirmations, and automatic writing, used to make the writing process fast, easy, and effortless. Then we’ll cover process that begins with identifying topics worth writing about. During the day you will tap into your emotions, tell your story, become an investigative reporter, organize information, and write a solid first draft. Five minutes at a time, scenes will practically write themselves.
What you’ll need to bring
- Pencil, pen and paper for writing or a laptop
- An open mind and a willingness to try something new.
- A positive attitude.
- Overview of the day
- Explore Free Yourself to Write Tools
- Emotion discussion and exercise
- The power of storytelling discussion and exercise
- Become and investigative reporter discussion and exercises
- Putting your house in order exercise
- A conversation about showing vs telling
- The first and final drafts
- Sharing (optional)
- Follow-up thoughts
Why write a memoir? Here are 5 compelling reasons:
- Beat The Clock and… The Age of Forgetfulness. Memory loss is something most of us face, sooner or later. So why not get started on your memoir now?
- Give Yourself The Gift of Self-Knowledge and Healing. It’s Cheaper than Therapy. Because we typically maintain our identity through an assortment of memories layered deep in our memory warehouse, it’s important to know that writing down memories instantly helps you break through those dusty layers, automatically stimulating deeper self-knowledge. As a result, no matter where you are in your life right now, you’ll attain an even richer sense of who you really are; and new brain pathways will grow, enhancing and connecting all memory.
- Give Your Family The Gift of Heritage. A family’s Origin Story holds clues and gifts for every generation. What pieces of the family history puzzle do your unique memories provide? Take pride in your family, write your memoir and give them this priceless legacy.
- Be a Better Dinner Guest! No matter where we are, humans want to hear stories. Ever notice how some people are just more fun to sit next to at dinner? Surprise! Creating your own memoir will help you improve your story-telling skills. You’ll never be bored, or bor-ing again. And maybe you’ll get some more great dinner invitations.
- Share Your Life. Write about your life and email it as a surprise gift to your children, friends and other family members. Or create a family blog and ask other members of the family to add to your story. Who knows what secrets may be revealed. Did Uncle Joe really leave his first wife in Italy? How did Aunt Hannah survive the holocaust?